Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pregnancy Update: Week 7

So Clay and I are 7 weeks into my pregnancy - and it has been quite a ride so far.



We found out about 3 weeks ago that we were expecting. That was an adventure in itself, too. I decided on a whim to take a test on a Saturday evening. Well, surprise to me - it was positive! I was so thrilled. I took another to be sure - but this time it was negative! I thought, ok, there's such thing as a false negative on these things. Then I took another one and that one was NEGATIVE too! At this point I was freaking out.

Clay came home, and though I was hoping to share the good news in some kind of creative and cute way, all I could really do was say "I GOT A POSITIVE AND TWO NEGATIVES WE HAVE TO GO TO THE STORE AND GET MORE TESTS NOW." So we drove to Smith's at 8:00 p.m. on a Saturday night. We got several different brands, and returned home so I could take several more. These were all negative too. At this point, I started googling "false positive pregnancy test" and found out that, yes, indeed, you can get a faulty test that reads positive when it is not. I was so bummed out. I decided I would take one more test the next morning and then concede that I was not, in fact, pregnant.

I took one the next morning, though, and it said PREGNANT! I took another one to be sure and it confirmed the first. So a day and about 12 tests later, we confirmed our suspicions. We are expecting Baby Christenson #1, and he or she is due October 12!

We couldn't be more thrilled. It's a very exciting time but an overwhelming one. There's so much to decide and figure out before next Fall. When we visited the OB clinic I've decided to attend, they talked about epidurals and natural birth and the cost of delivery... all I could think was, ahh! So much to think about.

The one downside of being pregnant is that I have developed some serious morning sickness. I feel nauseous pretty much anytime I'm not eating... which is pretty often. I have about maxed out on crackers and ginger ale. It makes me a bit worried because all I cam really tolerate to eat is carbs and some soup, and I need to make sure I am eating a balanced diet for the baby. It's especially hard to sit through work all day when I feel so sick to my stomach. Here's hoping this passes soon.

All in all, being pregnant is fun. It's still setting in, but I think when I start showing then it'll really hit me. I'm so glad all of our family and friends have been so supportive in this super exciting time for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment